Friday, January 2, 2009

MY ROCKIN' NEW YEARS EVE

HAPPY 2009 EVERYONE!!
I hope everyone had a fun and safe (drama free) new years eve, like I did!
I went out with some co-workers from the green pubishing company I work part time for out in Vegas.  I also brought a girlfriend along as my date and then met up with some more girls I knew who bought general admission tickets inside. 
My group started at the Palm's Place hotel lounge ROJO's.  http://www.palmsplace.com/eat/rojo.php
Palm's Place is the suite hotel to the Palm's.  ROJO's the their hotel cocktail lounge.  It's a sleek and sexy lounge and the perfect place for a pre-outting cocktail.  Since the strip was closed, it was really the only place to safely park and cab over to the strip.  After one cocktail we got into a cab and made out way to the ENCORE HOTEL http://chefstaceybeth.blogspot.com/2008/12/encore-encore.html
As soon as we got to the ENCORE HOTEL, we met up with the head of PR and were walking straight in to XS (it was opening night!!) www.XSlasvegas.com and to our cabana!  It was awesome.  The picture below shows the inside.  It was so pretty.  The theme was brown and gold with some other colors mixed in and yes, everything was in EXCESS!  I heard from an insider the club cost twice as much tao beach.  This tibit was no suprise since it is 4 times the size and a lot more glamourous and luxurious.  This is going to be THE DESTINATION this March for day and night.  The whole club centers around a pretty pool which has a bar in the middle.  There are two levels of cabanas that circle the pool and are all VIP/bottle service tables.  This winter they have heat lamps all over so that you aren' cold.  Not many people were hanging outside.  Which I actually liked. 
The inside of the club also has tables that you can purchase for the evening with bottle service.  There are tons of stripper poles and stages for club goers to get up and dance.  Don't you just hate when the bouncers tell you only the club dancers are allowed to get up and dance?  NOT AT THIS CLUB :-).  The dance floor is kind of small, but it opens up to the outside and faces the pool, which was great because then you don't get too hot when you're dancing.  There are two stages on the dance floor where they do have hired dancers.  The brunette one that night looked bored out of her mind.  She totally sucked.  They should fire her ASAP and get someone twice as hot with better moves (bangin body though).  It was pretty hard to walk around the club since it was so packed but overall I had a really great night.  I was outside for midnight, where we could see the fireworks from the strip!  I am 22 and still amused by fireworks!  I hope everyone had a just as fabulous new years eve as I did.  Here's to a wonderful 2009! CHEERS!

No comments: