Friday, January 16, 2009

LITERATI CAFE

LITERATI CAFE
www.literaticafe.com
12081 Wilshire Blvd.
Brentwood, California
310-231-7484
I walked to Literati Cafe in Brentwood with my friend who lives on Mcclennan Drive.  The weather was 80 and sunny with a cool breeze, a.k.a A PERFECT DAY!  When we got to Literati Cafe it was packed.  We had to wait about 8 minutes before we were able to order.  The price was kind of high for lunch, but this is Brentwood, it was pretty standard and expected.  I ordered the Cobb Salad (pictured below).  It was pretty good.  It had turkey, bacon, blue cheese, tomatoes, avocadoes, eggs tossed together in romain lettuce and then chopped and served with a blue cheese vinaigrette.  I love when salads come chopped because they are easier to eat and viniagrette made the salad a bit more light.  We sat outside.  The patio area is small, but really nice.  My friend didn't get her food until like 10 minutes after I received mine.  My salad probably came out about 5 minutes after ordering.  She ordered the greek salad with grilled chicken.  The grilled chicken is cajon style and she really like it, but said the salad itsself was kind of bland and nothing special.  She also said it was hard to eat because of all of the long leafy greens.  They served bread and butter with the salads, they bread was really good and fresh and the butter was half melted (which I think is the perfect way to serve it).  Overall it was a good, but not great lunch.  

No comments: