Monday, January 26, 2009

BEST BITE: SUSHI TO GO

HARA SUSHI
12222 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles CA 90025
810-820-1021
www.harasushi.com
Hara Sushi, in Brentwood, may look like just a tiny hole in the wall, but it's proof that looks can be decieving.  My friend and I planned on dining in, but the wait was really long, partly due to the small space, but mostly because the sushi is delicious, fresh and CHEAP!  So, we ended up ordering in.  Had we called it in we wouldn't have had to wait  half hour, but it was worth the wait.  I hear if you go on the weeknights you will have no problem getting a table or spot at the sushi bar.  My friend likes to sit at the sushi bar when they're not busy, because the chefs will give you a lot of attention and let you try random things.  
I ended up way over ordering and have dinner and lunch for the next day :-). Because we ordered so much we got a few free miso soups and an order of edamame.  I also got a spinach salad. It was really good.  I like it when it's bright green.  I ordered the bundy roll with spicy tuna and shrimp inside topped with a crab mix.  The sauce came on the side.  I really liked that for some reason.  I also ordered the Ginza roll which was good, but I liked the other roll a little bit better.  The roll had spicy tuna and avocado inside and was topped with albacore and japapeno.  Clearly, I like it spicy!!  

No comments: