Thursday, January 22, 2009

JINKY'S CAFE - SANTA MONICA

JINKY'S CAFE IN SANTA MONICA
I went to Jinky's Cafe with two girlfriends after a nice relaxing day at the Santa Monica beach.  It's located on 2nd street and if you are not careful you will walk right past it like we initially did because it is kind of tucked away on a corner and you enter from the side not the front.  It's a cute little place that is open for breakast, lunch and dinner and has a nice (but small) outdoor seating area.  I wasn't in the mood for breakfast food, otherwise , I would have ordered it.  The breakfast looked amazing and they serve it all day.  Next time I go,  I will make sure it is for brunch.  I ordered a salad and was surprised but how large and varied the menu was.  So many of the salads sounded delicious.  I ended up settling on the Sherman Oaks Delight.  The S.O.D was a mixture of spring lettuce, grilled asparagus, caramelized walnuts, cherry tomatoes, dried cranberries and goat cheese.  I added chicken and avocado and orderd basalmic on the side.  The dressing was some o the best dressing I'd ever had and the ratio to goodies in the salad and lettuce was perfect. Sometimes restaurants tend to skimp on the extras which is what really makes the salad delicious.  Don't you agree??  My friends shared fries and a chicken sandwich. One of them really likes honey mustard with her fries and they gave it to her with no extra charge which is nice.  However, it looked and felt like hair gel.  It was GROSS!!!  The server agreed it was a little weird, but it was all they had.  It was like nothing I had every seen.  The girls agreed the sandwich was good, but messy.  The menu also said that the fries were handcut, but they looked, felt and tasted a lot like the oreida frozen fries I was served as a kid.  I wouldn't surprise me if they were.  Anyways, it was a good lunch and I would go back!
For more information check out http://www.jinkys.com/
There are 3 locations in SoCal (Sherman Oaks, Santa Monica and West Hollywood)

No comments: