Saturday, January 10, 2009

MISS SHIRLEY'S CAFE

MISS SHIRLEY'S CAFE
I went to the Miss Shirley's on Cold Spring Lane (one recently opened in downtown Baltimore) with a friend for lunch.  They also have an amazing brunch (expect to wait on a Sunday) and some of the best sweet potatoes fries I have ever had.  They serve them with two a flavored ketchup and an aioli dipping sauce and they are un-skipable!!  I ordered the "can't beet this spinach salad" and it was pretty unbeatable.  I don't even really like beets that much, at least I thought I didn't, but this salad was delicious and out of the world.  I really enjoyed it.  The salad had red and yellow roasted beets, pear slices, pumpkin seeds, goat cheese, red onion, over spinach with poppy seed balsamic dressing.  I ordered it with grilled chicken, which was perfectly seasoned and warm and without mushrooms because I hate them (and found three in my salad).  It also came with a piece of flatbread on top that was really good.  My friend ordered the side by side (below).  You can order half a soup and half a sandwich.  She ordered pumpkin soup which looked awesome and a tuna salad sandwich.  They don't toast the bread and they don't really give you much tuna.  It's pretty expensive and it's basically bread.  I love Miss Shirley's though and have never been disappointed with anything I order.  I always leave full and happy.  Check it out http://www.missshirleys.com/pdf/menu.pdf

No comments: