Sunday, December 28, 2008

WINE-ing WITH STACEY

WINE-ing WITH STACEY: Moscato 
Dessert Wine
Tonight I went to a friend's house for a dinner party.  One of my friends brought over a bottle of MOSCATO from Trader Joes.  MOSCATO is a sweet, syrupy dessert wine that is slightly darker in color than your traditional white.  It's name comes from the two varieties of grapes used; the muscat blanc and muskat canelli.  The particular version we drank was the 2007 Late Harvest MOSCATO from the Paso Robles region of California.  This win was very good; it had honey, nectar and floral notes and flavors.  I could only drink a little bit of this.  I am not really much of a sweet drink gal, but I did enjoy trying something new.  This wine retails for under $15 and tastes expensive and the bottle is gorgeous.  It would make a great hostess gift.
Always drink responsibly and enjoy!

No comments: