Saturday, December 27, 2008

MY TOP FIVE FAVORITE CHAINS

MY TOP FIVE FAVORITE CHAINS
In a new city and looking for some familiar food? Here are some of my favorite, never fail chains.
Menus and prices may be slightly different throughout the US, but you can pretty count on these place to be consistent.
PF CHANGS
PF Changs is afforadable and there is something for everone on the menu.  They also accommodate large parties.  I also appreciate that they offer brown rice and some healthier options.  I personally love the Kung Pao chicken and eggrolls.  I don't think I have every ordered dessert here, I am always too full.
The Oceanaire
The Oceanaire Seafood Room always has great, fresh seafood.  I enjoy sitting at the bar in Baltimore.  They have small flat screen TVs and always have the game on, which isn't common on a fine dining restaurant.  I love the calamari there.  They also always have a nice selection of oysters to choose from and a good scallop entree on their menu.  They have change menu quite often, but some things, like the calamari are staples.
Roy's Hawaiian Fusion
I love love love love love Roy's!!  It is so good and I always get such great service.  I love the spicy crabcakes and the butterfish entree.  Both are staples, at least in Baltimore they are.  It is hard to find good crabcakes outside of Baltimore, so I am not sure how many locations offer those.  I always get the chocolate lava cake when I go.  They make a really great one.  They have the pineapple marinated vodka martini cocktail.  I always think those things look really pretty on a bar. Most places don't actually pour from the cooler and neither does Roy's, but they still mix up a pretty good pineapple martini.
Flemming's Prime Steakhouse and Wine Bar
Flemmings steakhouse is definetly the best steakhouse chain that I have been to and they have the largest wine selection of them by far.  If you go to the one in Baltimore, request Don as your server.  I always get a rare filet, which is always cooked perfectly and well seasoned.  They have pretty good calamari too and an excellent selection of desserts.  Their sides are family style.  You should definetley go for the asparagus and the mac n cheese (trust me it's good).
Nobu
Skip the sushi at Nobu, it's nothing special.  I have been to two different locations and both of them have been just perfect.  The fish is so fresh and amazing.  I love the black miso glazed cod and the yellowtail jalapeno sashimi (pictured above).  I would also reccommend ordering some tuna, it is so bright red and gorgeous it's hard to resist.  

No comments: