Saturday, December 27, 2008

TONIGHT I WENT TO (12/26)

TONIGHT I WENT TO: THE GRAPE
I met two girlfriends at THE GRAPE in the Town Square Las Vegas shopping center Friday night.  I arrived at 8:30 and the place was probably half full with a few people sitting at the bar.  The place as you can see below, is really pretty and has a great, warm atmosphere.  My friends and I were seated at one of the high tables in the back, which I prefered since their was a jazz band playing in the front righ corner of the restaurant and it would have been too loud if we had been sitting so close.  The music was good.  They played some familiar covers and the sound faded into the background nicely.  My two friends each ordered peach bellinis and I ordered a glass of the Rancho Zabaco "Heritage", Sonoma Zinfandel (2006)($11).   It was a medium bodied wine that had a little spice, but also some sweet fruitiness to it as well.  It was very nice and warmed me up on a chilly night (yeah, a chilly night in Vegas does exist!).  Since I had not eaten dinner I ordered the Asian chicken sliders ($10).  The sliders came out pretty fast and were really tasty and satisfying!  The sliders each consisted of a mini chicken breast with lettuce, tomato, dijon mustard and an asian BBQ sauce which was tangy, spicy and sweet.  We also ordered the chocolate fondue for two ($15).  The fondue platter was served with strawberries, pineapple, banana, peanut butter blondie (my fav), toasted marshmellows and graham crackers (to make smores), pound cake and rice crispy treats.  When the chocolate was first served to us it was luke warm, so we let it sit under the candle for a few minutes before digging in.  Everything was good and the prices were really reasonable.  I would love to go back again and I recommend it.  The restaurant was having some computer issues that evening, but we didn't have to wait too long for our check.
For more information, locations near you and franchising information log onto yourgrape.com

No comments: