Tuesday, February 17, 2009

PINK TACO OTRA VEZ (again)

PINK TACO OTRA VEZ
Last night I went to Pink Taco with about 11 of my girlfriends.  It was really fun, but you could tell the server was not happy to have us and I felt she had a bad attitude.  If I were a server I would be happy with a table that size who ordered shots, pitchers or mararitas and sangria.  It took forever to get our order in, the server wasn't friendly, and paying the bill was an absolute disaster, but besides that it was a really fun night.  It's all in the company you keep, right?  When we went to pay our bill, the waitress refused to accept 9 cards, even though we just wanted to split it evenly.  She got the manager, who told us that they usually only accept 5 cards, but that he would do it (they had no other choice, I wasn't going to spend $8 at the most expensive atm in Las Vegas to take out money to pay for a meal when I have a credit card).  What annoyed me most is that when we were seated it was pretty obvious we were all going to be paying seperate (because we were a group of 11 girls, not like couples or anything where maybe the guy could be paying and we weren't all young girls with one older look parent type person) so if you only accept 5 cards, is it really that difficult to say at the beginning of the meal, we only accept 5 cards at a time, or write it on the menu?  They write that they will add 18% gratuity on the menu, and that consuming raw or uncooked foods in unhealthy, so why can't they also add, LIMIT FIVE CREDIT CARDS?  This is 2009, everyone is going paperless, even cabs accept credit cards now a day, its perfectly reasonably to expect people to prefer to pay this way.
I ordered the PINK TACO PLATTER.  The taco platters cmes with refried beans, rice and three tacos.  The pink tacos are corn tortillas with pinto beans, arbol salso (which is kind of pink in color), grilled chicken, pickled onions (so that they end up being dyed pink) and avocado.  They were so good.  I also ordered the su casa margarita, which was about the size of my head.  It didn't taste very good, I had a hard time drinking it, and it wasn't the same as the one I had ordered last time, so it means they gave it to me wrong this time or last time.  I am going to guess this time, since the server was really not paying attention to us at all.
One of my friends ordered the chicken quesadillas.  SHE HATED THEM.  She took a few bites and couldn't eat anymore.  She said she didn't like the flavor at all.  They looked pretty good, but I trust her opinion.  I'm not really a quesadilla person, so I probably wouldn't have ordered this anyway.
Two of my friends split the PINK TACO PLATTER.  I am going to have to get this next time I with someone else who is in a sharing mood.  It was a lot of food and gave you great variety which is good.  The platter has two chicken skewers, two carne asada skewers, cheese quesadillas, guacamole, two corn tamales, rock shrimp and ribs all for under $25.00

Check out PINK TACO next time you are in Vegas or Los Angeles
www.pinktaco.com

No comments: