Sunday, February 15, 2009

COMPANY AMERICAN BISTRO

COMPANY AMERICAN BISTRO
The last time I ate at Company American Bistro I was supremely disappointed!!!  I was looking forward to eating at this place since the celeb packed grand opening and when I finally went the meal was so AWFUL and the service was even worse our 6 person multi course meal ended up getting comped!!!  It was probably one of the worst dining out experiences I'd ever had.  When I talked to others, they all seemed to love it, so I had to give it another chance, not to mention this week I was already at the Luxor for the SI Swim Magazine release party, so why not give it another shot?  I ordered a hangar one lime on the rocks, my drink of choice and always impressed when restaurants carry this deliciously smooth lime vodka!  I also decided on two small plates over one regular sized entree.  I ordered the yellowtail sashimi with sweet chili soy,blood oranges and cilantro.  It was fresh and refreshing.  An excellent combination of flavors and textures.  I also ordered the miso glazed japanese eggplant which were out of the world delicious, should have ordered two orders.  Even though this dish came out about 20 minutes after the rest of the food (which was annoying, maybe this restaurant really needs to work on timing) it was one of the best vegetable dishes I've ever had.  My friend ordered the sliders which they said tasted good, but were a bit smaller than expected.  We also had an order of the Shichimi Fries which were thin, crispy and spicy.  I only like potatoes with a lot of flavor, so these were pretty good.  If you love fries then you will think they are GREAT.  We sat at the bar tables/couches.  The staff was friendly and attentive, perhaps a little two attention we had three people who made the rounds to check on us and it was a little over whelming.  Next time figure out where my eggplant is instead of asking me how my empty plate of yellowtail is.  The redeemed themselves with this trip and I would go back again.  Maybe on of these days I'll get around to trying dessert.

No comments: