Sunday, February 15, 2009

BRIO TUSCAN GRILLE

BRIO TUSCAN GRILLE
I spent a lovely Valentines day with a few friends at Brio Tuscan Grille in Town Square Las Vegas.  It was an 80 minute wait, but my friend got there to put his name in and we walked around the shops to kill time.  We started off the meal with 4 bread baskets and tons of olive oil and basalmic.  We all could not STOP eating it.  It was so good  I also had a cocktail, I forget the name but it was citron vodka, grand marnier, lemonade and muddled raspberries.  It was freshing, but weak.  It was really tasty because it wasn't too sweet and bitter.  I would have had about 5 more if I wasn't driving!!  For dinner I ordered the roasted chicken and butternut squash risotto.  It was good for what it was and I didn't expect it to be any different.  I was hungry and I enjoyed every since thousand calorie of that meal.  The chicken was tender, the sauce was creamy, maybe a little too much butter and cream (my stomach hurt for 15 minutes afterwards).  There was just the right amount of garlic, a lot, just the way I like it.  The crispy bacon tasted like way to salty bacon bits, the basil was good, but not that fresh and there was a ton of parmesean cheese in it.  It was a great dish for a chain Italian restautant and I enjoyed the meal. Our waiter was a little spastic, but pretty attentive and good with filling up the water glasses.  I'd go back, but wouldn't go out of my way.  I also wouldn't order the risotto again.  It
 was good, I'm just not sure my stomach can handle that much cream and butter.  
http://www.brioitalian.com

No comments: