Tuesday, February 24, 2009

KAIZEN SUSHI

KAIZEN SUSHI
Located across from the Hard Rock Hotel at 4480 S Paradise Road, Suite 900, Las Vegas, NV 89119. 
702-641-7772
open Sunday-Thursday 5:30pm-4:00am and Friday and Saturday 5:30pm-6:00am
Sunday-Thursday after midnight enjoy two for one drink specials!
I went to dinner at Kaizen with my friend, her dad and his business partner.  I don't remember exactly what we ordered.  We all ordered a bunch of rolls and shared, which is really fun and I tried eel for the first time.  I loved it.  I will definitely not be afraid to order rolls with eel from now on, which really expands the menu options for me.
We started off with an order of edamame, it was a huge portion.  It was very impressed with how generous the serving was.  We had an order of the rainbow roll which was good.  It is the same at every sushi restaurant, but for those of you who don't know it is a california roll with fresh slices of fish on top.  My personal pick was the ROCK AND ROLL which is tuna, salmon, white fish, avocado and crab rolled inside cucumber.  There was no rice.  It was hard to eat, but really light and a bit citusy, not heavy like some of the other rolls, so it was a nice contrast.  The SPICY TUNA ROLL was just that, spicy!  No vegetables, just tuna and siracha sauce with a little bit of mayo to balance out the heat.
I didn't taste this roll because I was too full, but the table ordered a BAKED SALMON ROLL it looked really good and the other guests really enjoyed it.  It was baked salmon on top of a roll filled with cream cheese and avocado.  I really enjoyed the FRIED SCALLOP ROLL.  It was really good, I just wasn't expecting it to be orange!
My favorite roll of the night had to be the LAS VEGAS ROLL
which is deep fried eel, tuna, avocado and cream cheese it was really good! 
I would go back to Kaizen again and recommend it to out of town friends, because it is just off the strip and isn't an expensive cab ride to get there.
www.kaizen-sushi.com

No comments: