Monday, February 23, 2009

DO IT YOURSELF POPCORN

MAKE YOUR OWN POPCORN
Hello popcorn lovers!   Last night my friend taught me how to make my own popcorn instead of using the prepackaged bags.  The advantages are undeniable.  First of you all can control the amount of salt and butter used, second it is A LOT cheaper and fresher and finally, no added chemicals (to preserve the popcorn or to add color).  It's so simple to make!
1.  take 1/4 a cup of kernals and pour them into a brown paper lunch bag
2. spray with olive oil spray or butter spray (like a pam)
3. roll bag closed at the top, don't go too far down and put in microwave for 2 minutes
4. you will know the popcorn is ready when it takes about 2 seconds between pops, so pay attention!
Shara likes to add butter spray and salt, which is the basic way to eat it, but I like to get creative.  Here are some more topping ideas....
1. butter and salt
2. parmesean cheese
3. melt 30 choc chips in microwaves for a minute then add in some caramel sauce, mix together and pour over popcorn
4. add some mini reese's pieces and shake them up in the bag so that they melt over the popcorn pieces.
How do you like your popcorn?  Write me a comment and tell me the creative way you enjoy this salty snack!!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I like my popcorn with lots of spice...cayanne pepper infact. It is not only tasty but a detox for the body! Yum... Stacey cool blog... glad to see you are doing lots of other positive things on your free time. I am proud of you... Go Stacey Beth Tabor! Much love