Monday, March 16, 2009

OVERLAND CAFE

OVERLAND CAFE
www.overlandcafe.com
I went to overland cafe for a nice Satuday Brunch with my friend.  I ordered the Norwegian Smoked Salmon platter off the cafe specialties menu aka THE ULTIMATE JEWISH BREAKFAST OF CHAMPIONS.  The platter was around $11 and I got so much food!!  It was a very hungry hypoglacemic girls dream.  The platter came with sliced tomatoes, toasted bagel, cream cheese, red onion and scrambled eggs with smoked lox mixed it.  It was delicious!  I love bagel and lox and the eggs are always a great addition and a nice way to add protein to keep you fuller longer.  I'm not crazy abou the area though is there was nothing particularly special about this platter.  You can get it anywhere that has a decent breakfast/brunch menu to be perfectly honest.  However, if you are in the area and are hungry it is worth checking out.  The place was pretty crowded.  One thing I will say is that I was VERY disapointed that they didn't have wheat bagels.  Only onion and plain.  Wheat toast just would not have been the same so I got an onion one.  The cakes in the counter looked amazing.  I rarely order a slice and this day was no exception.  They looked awesome though so if you have a party to go to and are asked to bring dessert you may want to stop by and pick up the carrot cake.  Unless it decievingly looks great and is really dry on the inside.  Isn't that always soooo disappointing?  Has anyone gotten it?

No comments: