Wednesday, March 25, 2009

HASH HOUSE A GO GO


HASH HOUSE A GO GO
I went to Hash House a Go Go this weekend with a friend.  I had to try the famous fried chicken and waffles!!  We shared a farm scramble, the you pick 3 mix in options, so it was scrambled eggs, chicken, avocado and cheddar.  It was WAY too buttery and had a cheddar overload.  It came with a biscuit and home made strawberry jam that was fabulous and soooo yummy.  The potatoes were amazing, I don't even like plain potatoes and I thought these were SO GOOD!!!!
My favorite pick was the sage fried chicken and waffles platter, which is pictured above.  The fried chicken had an excellen taste, but wasn't really crispy enough for my taste.  It was served over a BACON waffles.  Yes, they bake the bacon right into the waffle, how brilliant is that?  It was served with fried leeks which were outstanding and then drizzled with a maple caramel reduction that had a little kick to it. I think the sauce would go well in one of my stir frys.  This was a unique and delicious meal.  I'm in no rush to go back though.  They give you portion overload and this isn't the kind of food I would typically recommend anyone eat more than a few times a year.  It's bikini season, I think I'll eat my waffles without bacon from now on.
http://www.hashhouseagogo.com

No comments: