Wednesday, March 25, 2009

LINDO MICHOACAN

LINDO MICHOACAN
I went to Lindo Michoacan Sunday night with a friend.  It was the perfect ending to a perfect lazy sunday of frozen yogurt and movies.  I saw I LOVE YOU MAN.  It was so funny!  So then we went to Lindo Michoacan on Desert (there are 3 locations in Las Vegas and then Viva Michoacan which is awful in Henderson).  We both got margaritas.  I got mine with patron silver and grand marnier on the rocks with salt.  It was a huge serving!!!  Most authentic Mexican places servce a big margarita!!  They also serve warm chips with a salsa that is hot hot hot and a bean dip to neutralize the salsa. It was so great.  
We also started off with an order of the guacamole which they make fresh in front of you.  It's one of the best guacamoles I've ever eaten and they give you a large portion.
Our meal came with a traditional tomato soup with skinny noodles.  It was a really solid and delicious tomato soup.  Beats the hell out of campells!!!
My dinner date wanted to try something traditionally Mexican so we started with the grilled cactus appetizer topped with grilled meat.  It looks like green peppers but was a lot thicker and has a weird flavor.  I didn't like it at all.  My friend thought that it just tasted like green peppers. I disagreed.
Our served recommended our entree called pollo sarandeado estilo tia ester which is grilled chicken basted in a sarandeado sauce (tomato and spices) with dried chilis, Mexican spices and mayo.  It was really great.  It packed a ton of flavor and wasn't too spicy.  It was served with refreid pinto beans and Mexican rice, as is every entree.
They have a huge menu and a lot to choose from.  I would definitely go back!
www.lindomichoacan.com

No comments: