Sunday, November 30, 2008

TONIGHT I DRANK AT (11/29)

TONIGHT I DRANK AT:
RED MAPLE

http://www.930redmaple.com/
930 N Charles St # 1Baltimore, MD 21201(410) 547-0149

Tonight I went to Red Maple. My friend had gotten a table and bottle service (call for reservations) so I went to meet them. I really liked the juice and club soda dispensers. There were four pitchers that all fit on one holder. It was a nice presentatation (I'll see if my friend took any pictures and post those laters). I opted for a specialty cocktail off their extensive cocktail list. I originally wanted the lotus blossom (grey goose la poire, sake, lychee), but the bartender told me they were out of sake. Since they have a sake list, I think she was lying and that she was too lazy to make it for me. Very disappointed. I ended up ordering the Heavenly (sparkling wine with lychee fruit). It was really good. Great music (DJ and dance floor) and really cool atmosphere. I would love to go back. I think the $10 cover charge is a little ridiculous (who are you trying to be??). They also serve tapas, and they looked really good and I heard the food was good. Some people say they wouldn't want to eat with blasting music, but I thought it was a sexy place for a bunch of couples to go get a low lounge-y table and enjoy some bites and cocktails.
Fun fact: Jill Snyder (28), the executive chef was a contestant on this season's top chef. She was elimited in the second episode.








No comments: